- This event has passed.
Voices of the North: Access and Equity in the GSM Community
February 15 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
In collaboration with the LU Office of Human Rights and Equity, Pride Central presents… Voices of the North: Access and Equity in the GSM Community.
This symposium is a collection of presentations that aim to educate the community on the realities of the gender and sexual minority (GSM) community living in northern Ontario.
This event will include:
– Smudging ceremony and keynote by Ma-Nee Chacaby, Two Spirit Elder
– Sara Janes: LGBTQ2S+ History and Archives
– Current Pride Central Fundraising Initiatives
– Jessica McDonald: Growing Up Queer in Northern Ontario: A Social Work Perspective
– Dylan Mazur – LGBTQ Asyllum Claims
– Canadian Centre for Gender and Sexual Diversity – LGBTQ2S+ Intimate Partner Violence
Refreshments and a light lunch will be provided.