Thunder Pride Association
Posting Date: March 10, 2020
Closing Date: March 18, 2020
ONE (1) Year Contract position with the possibility of extension.
Directly Responsible to: Thunder Pride Association Board of Directors.
The Program Coordinator is responsible for the successful leadership and management of programming for PRIDE 2020, 2021 Fierté Canada Pride National Conference & AGM in accordance with the strategic direction, work plan, policies and procedures set by the Board.
• To act in a manner which supports Mission and Vision of Thunder Pride Association.
• To program activities, workshops and community engagement events which support the Mission, Vision, Goals and Objectives of Thunder Pride Association and in conjunction with the Board of Directors and Volunteers.
• Assisting with programming & event coordination for the 10th Anniversary of Thunder Pride Association, including but not limited to: Translation Services, Sponsorship, advertising, logistics.
• Programming & event coordination responsibilities for the 2021 Fierté Canada Pride National Conference & AGM, including but not limited to: Translation Services, Workshop planning, Sponsorship, conference logistics.
• Promotion & Marketing: Promotional materials, event planning, community outreach etc.
• To take initiative and help coordinate in the development of sponsorship for events and operating revenue for Thunder Pride Association.
• To assist in the development of budgets related to programs and research funding/grant opportunities for the organization.
• To maintain the Thunder Pride Association website and social media accounts in collaboration with the Communication Director.
• To promptly inform the Board of Directors of any areas of concern or issues relating to the 2SLGBTIQ+ community in Thunder Bay, Ontario or broader across Canada.
• To maintain any confidential documentation or records in a secure manner to protect the privacy of those involved.
• To attend monthly board meetings to provide a full report on action items, fundraising, grant applications etc.
• To accept any other duties assigned by the Board of Directors.
The foregoing description reflects the general duties necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified and shall not be construed to be all of the work requirements that may be inherent in this position.
• College diploma or university degree in a related field or equivalent working experience in Non-Profit or Event management.
• Demonstrated leadership and management skills
• Ability to multi-task
• Takes initiative
• Works independently
• Creative problem-solving skills
• Minimum of Three (3) years’ experience working for a not-for-profit or volunteer organization or equivalent experience and have solid background in a programming role.
• Demonstrated experience and success with writing grant funding applications or equivalent.
• Previous work or volunteer experience with the 2SLGBTIQ+ community & conference planning.
• Working knowledge of website maintenance and social media i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.
• Self-motivated, goal oriented team player with superior leadership ability and excellent interpersonal, organizational, oral and written communication skills.
• Proficiency in the use of computers for: Microsoft Office/GSuite products, financial management software, social media, website.
• Valid police record clearance check
• Valid Class G Ontario Driver’s License.
• Working from a home or office, required to work a 37.5-hour work week. Flexibility in scheduling work hours is required to best accommodate the organizational demands of the operation (evenings, weekends) and/or to accommodate activities such as meetings, public events and other functions as required
• Travel may be required
Submit Resumes to:
Please supply references at time of interview.