Thunder Pride Association
10th Anniversary Logo Design Contest
To create a special commemorative “logo” to represent THUNDER PRIDE ASSOCIATION for its 10th Anniversary year to be used for the website, printed materials, promotional wear and flags. It will be for exclusive use by Thunder Pride Association.
The 10th Anniversary Logo contest is a project focusing on celebrating the organization’s 10th anniversary. It should include the LGBTIQ2S+ community as a whole and be representative of Thunder Bay and our region.
🏳️🌈Topic for the logo:
The topic should be a representation of any image (picture, drawing,…) Include the number 10 (Ten) to represent 10 years of the organizations and showcase local/regional history and to signify the special milestone. Also, the Sleeping Giant should try to be incorporated into the drawing.
The design contest is open to all who want to participate in developing a new 10th anniversary logo for Thunder Pride Association.
1. The design must be original work of the submitter and not edited before.
2. The logo must be created with a computer drawing program, but of course, all images must be original design.
3. Designs must be submitted in vector file format. Digital Images must be at least High Resolution 300 DPI
4. The logo should be simple, not complicated or confusing, and all elements must be discernible when reproduced in smaller sizes
5. The logo must include “THUNDER PRIDE” & also the use of the number “10”.
6. The logo must also include at least the 6 colours of the Rainbow Pride Flag and can be extended to other spectrum colours representing the LGBTIQ2S+ community.
7. Not acceptable logos:
● Graphics from web pages (.GIF, .PNG) do not meet quality standards
● Graphics in MS Word or .PDF format
8. The proposal will be accompanied by a brief explanation of the design and the main ideas represented (written down on a separate paper).
● Deadline for Submission of Logo for consideration: January 31st, 2020 at 5:00:00pm EST.
Only entries received or postmarked by January 31, 2020 will be considered.
● Announcements of new Logo in March 2020.
Logos can be submitted either by email to: Hello@thunderpride.ca
Prize amount: $500.00 cash prize; plus a professionally framed copy, introduction of the winning design and artist of the new 10th anniversary logo at a media event in March 2020.
The participation in the competition implies the acceptance of these terms, as well as the criteria and the judges’ final decision.
Thunder Pride Association will acquire ownership of the winning logo by assignment of copyright, and the winning designer will disclaim any trademarks and without limitation all other rights related to the design. By submitting a logo for entry in the competition, the designer acknowledges that they are the person that created the logo and is the rightful owner. The designer also certifies that the logo does not infringe upon the rights of any third party and that it does not violate any copyright.
For additional information or clarification please email us at: Hello@thunderpride.ca or visit www.thunderpride.ca